Viale XI febbraio, 35
27100 Pavia (PV)
Watoji lab 和綴held by Asako Hishiki
What is sumiSumi is a kind of ink usually made mixing jelly and soot, the latter produced by burning different plants' resin: camellia, pine and others.
It is a sort of stick brushing which you get a powder to be mixed with water to obtain the ink. This allows infinite shades when used with traditional japanese brushes.
Watoji laboratory programmeWe will use papers hand-decorated, by students, with stamps made at the moment with rubber and potatoes.
We will then make:
- orihon 折本 - concertina book
- imoban 芋版 - potato stamps
- gomuhan ゴムはん rubber-stamps
Asako Hishiki biographyTo learn more about personal and collective exhibitions, please see Asako Hishiki bio
- Min 6, max 10 students
- Access with exhibition ticket only
- Cost € 95
- All materials supplied by the artist
- All objects produced remain the property of the student
- For subscriptions please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation and non-attendanceIf the cancellation occurs:
- 10 or more days before the course: we will refund 85% of the amount
- 7,8,9 days before: 50% refund
- less than 7 days or non-attendance: no refund