Itajime shibori lab
Paraventi Giapponesi - Galleria Nobili
Via Marsala, 4
20121 Milano (MI)
Itajime shibori labheld by Asako Hishiki
The Gallery Paraventi Giapponesi - Galleria Nobili dedicates a workshop to a traditional Japanese coloring techinque. We will make papers hand-decorated with itajime shibori technique, following the natural indigo palette.
What is itajime shiboriItajime shibori 板締め絞り is a traditional method to create repeating patterns on a canvas, bending and binding it. Tipically, natural indigo color was used, due to its anti-septic properties.
Itajime shibori labIn this lab, hand decorated washi 和紙 paper will be made and it will be decorated with this japanese technique. Later, paper boxes will be made with origami 折り紙 technique.
The objects that will be made are:
- sanpo 三宝, antique box called "of the three treasures"
- fusen 風船, japanese paper ball
Asako Hishiki biographyTo learn more about personal and collective exhibitions, please see Asako Hishiki bio
- Max 12 students
- Cost € 75
- All materials supplied by the artist
- Workshop open to everyone 15+ yo.
- All objects produced remain the property of the student
- For subscriptions please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation and non-attendanceIf the cancellation occurs:
- 10 or more days before the course: we will refund 85% of the amount
- 7,8,9 days before: 50% refund
- less than 7 days or non-attendance: no refund